I LOVE the story of Samson. There is something so adventurous about the story, and it has so many different twists and turns. It is the perfect story for teaching children the value of always doing EXACTLY what God tells us and not giving in to peer pressure.
This time around, I made rice-filled sock "dolls" for the kids to decorate. All you do is go to the dollar store and get some cheap white tall athletic socks. Fill them with rice and tie off the top with a rubber band. Put another rubber band around the middle to separate the "head" from the body. In this case I only filled 1/2 way so that I would have long "hair" hanging down.
Then, I made a cardboard box "temple" and drew stick people around the inside. I cut a potato chip canister into "columns" and cut slits in the top of the box to slide the columns into.
 |
| Side view |
 |
| Front view |
 |
| Cardboard box "temple" with columns. |
We started class by having the kids decorate their own "Samson dolls" with fabric markers. Then, I told the story with my doll. When Samson's hair got cut, we rolled up the "hair" and made it short. Then, for the finale, we put Samson in the temple and made the columns "fall down" by pulling them out of the temple and knocking the temple down flat on the table. The kids LOVED it. At the end, each of them got to tell the story if they wanted and act it out with the temple. Fun times! Then, we learned the "judges" song.
 |
| This is my son's Samson. Don't you love the rainbow hair? Hahaha. |
 |
| After his hair got "cut." |
No comments:
Post a Comment