Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ruth

We studied Ruth in Bible class a couple of weeks ago, and here's what we did.

First, the kiddos glued cheerios on the word Ruth as they waited for class to start.  We talked about how cheerios are made of grain and that our story was about grain so to listen carefully for why we were using grain!



Next, we told the story and the kids colored a page about Ruth and glued on some oats for the grain.  (Yes, I know Ruth actually gleaned barley and wheat, but oats are much cheaper and easier to glue, and we talked about how there are all kinds of different grains. :)  )


I have a worksheet called "Find the Ruth Truth" that we used for our scrapbook page.  I read them the sentences and they had to be detectives and figure out which ones were not true and cross them out with a big "X."   The one I have is reproducible for classroom use, but I can't post it here.  You could easily make up your own, though!

Finally, we made a Ruth toilet-paper-roll-doll from here.  We focused mostly on kindness and all the people in the story who showed kindness to each other.   We brainstormed ways WE could be kind to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment