After much research, today is my family's first day on our nothing-artificial eating plan. No dyes, no artificial colors, etc. I must confess that I am overwhelmed and terrified. I almost cried when my little one woke up and asked for apple juice and I had to tell him no. (That being said, after a couple of weeks on this program he can have his beloved juice, and in the meantime I will make substitutions). My kids have been such troopers as we have talked about our reasons for doing this, and even Daddy is going to participate (after he finishes his neon orange cheez balls he got for Xmas). :) When I told them what I had learned about dyes and colors, they were grossed out. I took them to the store with me the other day with our "approved" list for stage 1 of the plan, and they picked out their choices of fruits, veggies, and others from the list. I have already written letters to the teachers explaining the situation, and my pantry and fridge are stocked with choices. I still need to pick up a few things, and I know it will be a work in progress, but here goes nothing!
For those who are wondering, we are following the idea of the Feingold diet (as much as possible without purchasing the materials. We intend to purchase them as soon as we have the money, but first we have to put a new roof on our house and get rid of the mold from the leak! So, it will be a few weeks before we can get it.
I will do my best to blog regularly about our journey here. I will explain more of our reasons for doing so in a later post. Prayers from my church family as we start this would be much appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment