Thursday, August 30, 2012

Weighty Matters

I did it.  I bit the bullet and joined weight watchers.   Yesterday was day one, and I am both excited and nervous about the journey ahead!   I have struggled with my weight since I was little...like 2nd or 3rd grade!  I've had many successes and many failures in this journey.   In the 18 months before we decided to have children, I lost 56 pounds "on my own" after a diagnosis of pre-diabetes and threats from the dr. if I were to get pregnant before getting below a certain weight.   In a way, my daughter saved my life, because the thought of having children kept me motivated and focused on my weight loss goals.   After I had her, I quickly dropped back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I could go no farther.   Since that time, I've gained about 20 of those 56 pounds back, and I hit a weight I swore I'd never reach again.  I have a great support group of other women struggling with the same issue, but for some reason I just couldn't do it on my own this time.  So, when my mom mentioned that she wanted to return to Weight Watchers, where she'd had great success a few years ago, I jumped at the chance.   Normally I don't "go public" with information like this, but I want my sisters in Christ to be praying for me as I tackle this difficult issue in my life.   As I find good recipes and tips, I'll try to share them on here for others who might struggle with this as well.   Wish me luck!


First News Flash:  A small can of tuna (the whole can!!!) is only 2 points, and it packs a whopping 20 grams of protein!  Protein is key to keeping my blood sugar from spiking, so this is good news!  Time to stock up on tuna! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment