Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bible Notebooking Adventure

In my Sunday morning Bible school class and in my home studies with my littler one, we have started making Bible notebooks.  I've seen a lot of blogs and sites that do this for homeschooling, but I thought it could be applied to Bible lessons and Sunday school as well.  I have kids in my class from time to time who need a little help with retaining the lessons we teach, and I thought something visual that the kids created themselves might work well.  My son also needs to learn to stay focused on the task at hand and to complete work given without running off to do something else!  So, these pages will, hopefully, serve multiple purposes.   If you've done one of these kinds of notebooks before, feel free to share any tips!!

To start, I got a basic 3-ring hardback binder for each child and put names on the covers. In each binder, I put some empty clear page protectors.  From there, all I have to do is create a page for the kids to complete with each lesson!  Here are a few I have started.  If you like them, feel free to use them and share them. The ones for my little one have handwriting lines on them so that he can do the letters correctly.  I write the words and let him trace or copy them.  At home, we are doing some review with my 4 year old.  In class, we are studying different stories that stress the importance of the Bible.

Bible Notebooking Page ADAM AND EVE

Bible Notebooking Page ARK OF THE COVENANT

Bible Notebooking Page JOSIAH


Here is my little man's first attempt, Adam and Eve.


And here is his ark of the covenant. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment