Monday, April 14, 2014

DeNial's not a river in Egypt

18 months ago when I joined Weight Watchers, I had nearly instant success.  Those stubborn pounds I'd been holding onto since baby #2 started melting off.   It was so EASY.  And so MOTIVATING.  When the weight loss slowed down, I'd tweak a few things and it would start up again.  30 lbs gone, just like that!  And then, last April, began THE PLATEAU.  After a few weeks of no scale movement, I started asking my leaders for help.   I tried anything and everything they suggested, but no luck.  I'd be up a pound or two, and down those same pounds.  This went on for a LONG time.  As a matter of fact, a year later it's STILL going on.  Only this time, I'm up a pound or two, and then up another pound or two!  There isn't much "down a pound" going on.   I have gained back anywhere from 5-10 of the lbs I lost, depending on the day.   I have tried every "tweak" to the program that I can think of!  I've tried cutting back on my points as far as they will allow.  I've tried the new Simple Start program (which seems to work WONDERS for some!).  I've tried eating a ton of points for a day or two and then cutting back.  I've tried using my weeklies, I've tried not using my weeklies.  And then, the past two weeks, I just haven't tried.   I would track a day or two and then get busy and not track.   Let me tell you...that does NOT work.

So, this weekend was my 35th bday.  18 months ago I committed to being at my goal weight by 35.  My husband has never known me at a healthy weight, and I felt like I owed that to him (and to my family!) so that I can be healthy and be around for them longer.  I started the program for ME, but along the way I added them to my reasons for motivation.  However, as time has gone on, it is easier and easier to let things slip by unnoticed.  A pound or two here or there is easy to ignore, but now I can't ignore it anymore.  DeNial's not a river.  It's a state of mind! 

Last Spring, I bought clothes at my new size, and that's all I've got, so the slide has to stop here and now.  My "fat" clothes are all gone.  I trashed them last year to keep me from going back! I am finally "settled" in our new eating plan of all natural ingredients, so now I can get back to taking care of ME.  I usually don't post things like this, but I need to be held accountable! :)  The biggest "backslide" I have made is not PRE-planning and PRE-tracking.  When I was losing regularly, those were my non-negotiable tools.  So, starting today, I am getting back onto the pre-planning and pre-tracking train.   If any of you want to join me on that, let me know!  We can hold each other accountable!  When I started this, I had reminders and motivation posted all over my house for when my enthusiasm waned.  I am posting those up again this week.  I deserve this.   My family deserves this.   We are worth it! :)  Just keep swimming, only not in DeNial! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment