Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bye-Bye Three, Hello Four!

It's official.   No more babies in my house! :(  4 years ago today I became a mommy for the 2nd time, to a sweet little boy!   What a joy he has been for our family!!!  I have struggled with this upcoming birthday for some time, but seeing the joy on his face this morning erased all of the anguish I have felt (for now, at least!).  Last night he cried because "I don't want to be four!  Four is closer to being a grown-up, and I always want to be little so I can stay with you, Mommy!"  If only he knew how much I sometimes wish the same!

Today is all about the little man.  Daddy took off work as a surprise today, and big sister, Daddy, and I woke the birthday boy up with a birthday serenade.   He hopped right out of bed and has been going full-steam ahead ever since!   Daddy made him a special breakfast of sausage and blue pancakes (with candles, of course!), and now they are spending the morning with Mario and the rest of the Wii gang. :)  The highlight so far has been riding in a booster seat for the first time!  I've never seen someone so proud to ride in a car!  

I'll update more about the big day later, but for now, it's time to spend the day with my big, precious FOUR YEAR OLD!!  Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment