Last night during family prayer time, my daughter said something that really caught my attention, and it's been on my mind ever since. I think she misspoke, but her words still rang true.
After praying for the "usual" things, she said, "Let those who have lost loved ones to celebrate."
Again, I don't think that's what she meant to say, as she usually will say, "Let them be comforted," or something along those lines, but it really made me think about how we view the loss of a loved one. Obviously, we mourn what is missing in our own lives when we lose someone, and the idea of death can be a very scary one. I, for one, have thought before about how I would be totally unable to cope if I lose my husband or one of my children. (Of course, the good news is that I would not have to do so alone, as God would most certainly be with me!) However, the more I think about it, the more I think she hit the nail on the head! If we are confident in the salvation we have in Christ (or that our passing loved ones have in Christ), do we not have every reason to celebrate when someone is allowed to leave this world of pain and sorrow to move on to their eternal reward in Christ? I must admit that this "peaceful feeling" is something with which I greatly struggle, but I'm thankful my daughter gave me reason to ponder this.
No comments:
Post a Comment