Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday, so last night he came over and we fixed him a big birthday meal.  Country fried steak, hashbrown casserole, green beans, yeast rolls, salad, and dessert!  YUM!  

I had a hard time deciding on a birthday gift.  What do you get someone who has all they need?   So, I reverted to childhood and made him a gift to frame for his office.  :)  Here it is!


Happy Birthday, Dad!  February 2012

Though I’ll never be a poet,
(Yes, I do know it),
I started thinking of all the reasons I had
For being thankful that you are my dad.
I realized quickly that the number was high,
And that, as far as dads go, you’re a pretty swell guy.
This list isn’t complete, but contains some of the best
Memories with which I have been richly blessed!

THANK YOU FOR:
v     Baseball games with the Shreveport Captains
v     My first set of major league baseball tickets
v     Helping solve 100s of Friday’s brain puzzles for Gateway
v     Teaching me to work hard, be on time, and never quit
v     Pushing me to do my best, no matter what
v     Skipping rocks, kicking sticks, and crawfish hunting
v     Coming to every event, even when you were needed at work
v     Letting me buy the wedding dress of my dreams!
v     Shopping with me for my first car
v     Shaving cream fights in the backyard on Sophia
v     Treasure hunts for birthdays – a group of witches is a coven!
v     Bailing me out when I locked my keys in the RUNNING car!
v     Shoney’s before & ice cream at McD’s after Miss Louisiana
v     Teaching me to ride a bike…even if I couldn’t use the brakes!
v     Camping trips in floods and THE CLIMB
v     Interviewing my friends before a college road trip
v     All-you-can-eat crawfish dinners
v     Loving my mom for so many years

No comments:

Post a Comment