Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thankful for grandparents!

Yesterday was a hard, hard day for this Mommy!  I woke up about 2 am with the dreaded stomach virus.  It's running rampant at school AND among our church family, so I suppose it was inevitable that at least one of us would get it.  My first thought was, "Oh, no!  I'll miss field day!"   I was devastated, and dreaded telling my sweet girl when she woke up, but there was no way around it.   I was S-I-C-K, all capital letters.   For this hands-on mom, it was the hardest thing to send her off to such a fun day without me.  She was SO disappointed when I woke her up and told her I couldn't go, but Daddy recruited her to fix breakfast for her brother and herself, and to be "mom" for the morning.  She got cereal ready for both of them, picked out his clothes for him, and made sure they were ready for Grandma and Grandpa.  She is usually so dramatic when things don't go as planned, but not this time!  She took it like a big girl, and rose to the challenge.  I was SO proud!   How can my baby girl be that big?? 

Grandparents to the rescue!  My husband called his parents (at 5 am!) and asked them to get here, pronto, to take little miss (and brother) to school and to stay all day for field day.  They obliged, and even showed up with a bag of powerade for me.  My parents also came to school and spent the day with my two kiddos and my dad even took video to share with me!  I was SO sick that I forgot to send a camera or video camera. :( All 4 grandparents took the kids to luck at McD's!   Then, about the time I expected the kids home, Mom called and said they were headed to her house and Daddy could pick them up on his way home from work.  THANK YOU GRANDPARENTS.  YOU SAVED THE DAY.

Now, prayers are going up steadily that, if the rest of them get it, they at least hold off until after kindergarten graduation tomorrow...she has her heart set on everyone being there, and Daddy even took the day off.   I am, at least, thankful I got it FIRST so that if anyone else gets it, I can take care of them without being afraid of catching it! 

On a good note, she had a blast at field day and even won a few ribbons!  :)  Thank you to the school staff for planning such fun events!

No comments:

Post a Comment