For a while now, I have been investigating Juice Plus as a possible addition to my health regimen. My cousin has used JP for a long time, and we had talked about it throughout the years, but I was skeptical. I have had so many chronic health issues and have tried so many different things to alleviate the symptoms and improve my health that I have become harder and harder to convince when new options present themselves. However, this is the year that I turned 40, and I was finally so fed up with feeling sick and tired all the time that I knew something had to give. Reluctantly, I agreed to have my family try JP for the required 4 month trial period. Our family of 4 lives on a single teacher's income, so making room for anything like this took some heavy duty maneuvering of our budget and resources, but we were pleased to find out that our children could receive the product free with our adult purchases. I signed up to be a "distributor" so that I could receive a little bit of monetary return on my investment while I tested the waters.
Once I placed the order, I couldn't wait for our capsules to arrive! I had heard so many testimonials about how JP had changed peoples' lives for the better and had improved their health. I doubted the effect was quite THAT remarkable, but still I felt a glimmer of hope as I waited. Would this be the catalyst to better health that I had been striving desperately to find for years? Could it finally help me combat some of my chronic pain? Could my husband, who cannot eat a single fruit or vegetable except green beans finally absorb some of these critical nutrients? Could I help my children avoid some of the health issues that have plagued my family? While hesitant to hope for too much, I couldn't help but hope a little.
Our capsules arrived and we broke in to them eagerly. We were so ready to try this! We opened the first bottle and were shocked by the odor that met us. I'll be honest...they stink!! :) However, we counted out our capsules, took a big drink of water, and went on with our days. We did this faithfully for weeks and then months. (I will add one caveat here. My son had a reaction to the fruit capsules, so he currently is taking veggie only. We hope to add the fruits back in once we get some other things sorted out). For a while, it was difficult to know if anything was happening with these capsules. Every time I would swallow one, I would stop for a minute and imagine that it was working its "magic" in my body. Yes, I know it's not "magic," it's nutrition, but I was hopeful for some kind of change. More than hopeful...desperate.
As time went on, people would constantly ask me how I thought it was going and whether I noticed any differences. At first, I had to say no. Here we were taking these capsules and life seemed to go on as it always had.
But then.... I noticed that we had gone through the entire spring without a major sickness. Typically spring is our rough time for our family. It is not unheard of for us to pass stomach bug through our family 2 - 3 times per spring. Most spring seasons land me in bed with a serious case of bronchitis and asthma. My husband, who is a school teacher, typically brings home at least one chest cold, and my son is always sick. However, other than mild colds for both kiddos, we skated through spring the healthiest we have ever been during that time of year. Was that because of Juice Plus? I hadn't changed anything else in our routine.
I have IBS - severely. Suddenly, my digestive issues were GONE. Not just better, GONE!
Fast forward a few weeks and I started getting all kinds of comments on how long my hair had grown. I hadn't really noticed it, but it had! For the first time in years my hair had grown LONG. And, even better, I wasn't losing handfuls of hair each morning like I had been for the past 8-10 years. My hair was staying put and was healthy and strong and long. Was this because of Juice Plus? It was the only change I had made.
I suffer from chronic pain issues daily. Every. Single. Day. Sometimes it has been so painful that just getting up and starting the day has brought tears to my eyes. Gradually, I began to notice that the days I had severe pain were outnumbered by the days I didn't have pain. For the first time EVER. Juice Plus? I have no other explanation!
Growing up, I played the piano and was never allowed to keep my fingernails long. As an adult, I have always wanted my fingernails to grow out, but they have always been brittle and have broken easily. In the past few months, I have found myself having to trim them often because they have been growing TOO long and not breaking. Could it be the Juice Plus? What else could it be?
I have struggled with blood sugar issues since I was a teenager. Since starting Juice Plus, my blood sugar levels have stabilized quite a bit.
When I visited my dentist last month, he was amazed that my gum recession and gingivitis was COMPLETELY gone. Not just improved, GONE.
Last week I went to the eye dr complaining that my fairly new contacts (that I got just before starting JP) were not working well for me and things didn't seem clear. She retested me, and my prescription had gotten BETTER in both eyes.
My husband has had improved reflux and digestive issues since starting JP. His vision prescription did not worsen this year, even though he, too, has passed the 40 mark. His blood work at his last dr's visit was great.
My daughter's skin has cleared up significantly. She has more energy than before and her mood has improved.
My son has been able to eat some foods he couldn't previously, without the severe digestive issues he suffers from.
I have been able to cut back on allergy medicines for myself.
We are sleeping more soundly and waking more refreshed.
Prior to starting JP, I had to have a nap EVERY single day just to function and make it through the day. My energy level was subzero. My house was a disaster because I hurt too bad and was too tired to take care of it. Currently, I can power through my week without needing that daily nap, and I still have energy at the end of the day to work out at the gym, to spend time with my husband, to work on projects that have been neglected too long, and to read, sew, or do something else I enjoy. Add to that the fact that I have started jogging again (after putting it aside for 8 years because I couldn't muster the energy), and just this week I ran a mile and a half without stopping.
My husband has dealt with a benign skin cyst for as long as I have known him, he has tried all kinds of things to get rid of it or at least shrink it. Just last week, it finally cleared up "on its own" out of the blue. I joked with him that "it must be the Juice Plus," and he agreed! He is even more skeptical than I am, but we both have no doubt his body finally decided to detox itself from this foreign cyst and to heal his body from the inside out. Put good in, get good out!
Last week I participated in a JP-sponsored clean eating plan called Shred10, where we "shredded" bad habits in regards to food for 10 days. My scale moved down for the first time in a long time, and my energy level rose. I thought at the end of the 10 days I would be chomping at the bit to get back to my "old" food choices, but I plan to continue many of these habits for the long term.
People are still asking me if the Juice Plus is working. I have to say yes! I have fought with this and have tried to come up with some other possibility for why all these changes have happened, and there just isn't one. I have been actively trying to improve my health and that of my family for years. And not just the casual "oh, I'll skip ice cream today and do a couple sit ups," but the passionate, all-out, researching and trying everything kind of attempts. Even our doctors are believers in it and want us to continue taking it. We all feel so much better and have had a healthier spring and summer. I can't explain these improvements in any other way. Nothing else has changed in our daily regimen. We just ordered our 2nd 4-month supply, and I'll update some more as we go along! :)
Do you have questions about Juice Plus that I can help answer? I'm still learning, but I'd love to learn together! Also, if you want to do your own 4-month trial period, I can help you with that, too! Won't you join me and improve your health, too?
No comments:
Post a Comment