This year's birthday was Ninja Turtles. So funny to see something that was SOOO popular when I was a kid make its comeback while my kids are little. Fun!
First came his party shirt. I was super proud of it!
Next, the cake. This was our first attempt at natural icing coloring, so it was a learning experience. But, he said it was yummy and looked great, so I was happy! Leonardo is his favorite, so he was kind of our theme.
My husband came up with these balloons kind of at the last minute, and everyone loved them!
Ninja apples. :)
The table before the chaos hit. :)
And the banner.
We decorated his door the night before his birthday, hoping he'd "bust through" the next morning. I even waited and waited to take my shower waiting for him to wake up (first time he has EVER slept til 8!), and the little stinker CRAWLED UNDER the streamers! :)
We also played a little ninja star throwing game. I folded some origami ninja stars I found and the kids tossed them into a bowl. We played pin the mask on Leo, too, as people were leaving. The weather was so pretty that we spent most of the day outside. They had so much fun outside that we COMPLETELY FORGOT we had made a photo prop!! Oops!! (I'll post the picture of it tomorrow...it is in Little Man's room and he is asleep...finally...)
No comments:
Post a Comment