As they uncovered the picture below, they got to guess which Bible story it was. When all the pieces were removed, we had this:
They were all so excited that they had figured out it was Joseph, and then they had to tell me what all the pieces of the picture meant about Joseph. Ex: Stars and moon bowed to him in his dream, sheaves of grain bowed to him, 12 sons of Jacob, colorful coat. I was AMAZED how much these kids remembered from VBS in August!!! I told their teachers last night how impressed I was! :)
Next, I had some rebus stories about Joseph, so we "read" them together. They get so excited when they can "read" with me! Although I have to admit, this class reads pretty well already for just a few months into kindergarten!
Finally, we made stand-up paper dolls of Joseph with different "coats" he might have worn during his life. I will scan the original later and post it. I have NO IDEA where it came from. A friend found it in her stash somewhere and shared it with me. :) It doesn't say anywhere on it where it came from. :(
During VBS we used this file folder lapbook to tell and review the story of Joseph, but I didn't use it this time because we were only spending one lesson on the story as review. The blank spot on the front flap is where we put their name on a "cartouche" (Egyptian nameplate) with jewels.
No comments:
Post a Comment