Saturday, January 6, 2018

What's the theme?

A few weeks ago I read a post about having a "theme" for your year, rather than just specific resolutions that are easily forgotten or broken.  I had never heard of this idea, and it resonated with me instantly.   While I firmly believe in resolutions because they keep me focused, I love the idea of having a theme to keep me focused as well!   I hope that all of my smaller goals throughout the year can fit into this theme.  I have thought long and hard about which verse to choose, and several made the short list of finalists.  I have listed them below (in no certain order), and at the end is my final choice.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.      At camp one year, the speaker told us that you make time for what you WANT to do.  Don't say "I can't" or "I don't have time."   You have the time to seek what is important. Take it!

Ecclesiastes 12:13 - Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all.     The wisest man ever to live realized that, after a life of having and doing whatever he wanted, keeping God's commands was the best and most valuable choice.   

Galatians 5:22-2322 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law


All of these would be great choices, but I finally decided on Micah 6:8.
  

He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?


My prayer for 2018 is to make all of my goals and decisions and actions fit with these simple to say (and not as simple to do!) words from God.   Pretty much everything God asks of us can be summed up in these verses.   If you have any questions about the Bible or God's plan for us, I'd love to study with you! 

May God bless your 2018 as you strive to seek Him and His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment