Friday, November 3, 2017

Thankful, day 1

I have recently been reminded how "cathartic" writing can be, so I am hoping to be able to find more time to do so.   Feel free to ignore these random posts.  And, if you are a male reading this blog (doubtful, but, I suppose, possible), please skip over anything regarding Scripture, in keeping with the Bible's instructions about women not teaching men.  :)

Psalm 100:4 - Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise.  Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.   NKJV

I love this verse when thinking about the opportunities He affords us to worship Him along with our church family.   Sometimes, especially for moms, worship can become a drudgery or just another part of our to-do list.  It can seem mundane or even fruitless to expend so much effort wrestling with our children during services or making sure everyone arrives dressed, fed, rested, and with Bible in hand. It is a welcome reminder to me that we always have reason to praise and to thank Him, no matter our circumstances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment