Sunday, February 1, 2015

Bible Quiet Books, 2nd edition

I have posted before about a Bible quiet book I have made for several friends at our congregation.  They are a lot of work, but I love how they turn out.  Here are some pictures of one of my most recent attempts.  I know they are sideways, and I'm sorry, but my computer is having issues and not allowing me to turn them. Just turn your head or screen sideways. ;)



















Here is a link to the first post about the quiet books:

And here are some instructions....I am going to try to take step by step pictures when I make the next one.  I am a little behind, as our congregation tends to have a yearly baby boom!  Ha!

The cover pages are 13 1/2 X 21 inches, and they work best if they are a little bit heavier fabric, rather than lightweight cotton. Something like canvas is a good fit.

The inside pages are 13 X 20 1/2 inches.  I use a cream colored muslin-type fabric that I can find for a decent price at Wal-Mart.

I put interfacing on all pages on the back, the fusible midweight kind.  Cut the interfacing 1/2 inch smaller than pages (so, 13 X 20 1/2 for covers and 12 1/2 X 20 for the inside pages). 

I did 3 sets of inside pages (for a total of 12 pictures), and each set needed 2 pages cut out. 
After you cut the "inside" pages, make sure to lightly mark a 1 inch border around the page and measure one inch on either side of the center crease so that your images don't end up in the seams. 

Here is a pretty good tutorial for the assembly:  http://www.nancysnotions.com/text/pdf/quiet_book.pdf

Here is the armor of God page I used for inspiration and templates, although I don't endorse her theology at ALL!:  http://laurathoughts81.blogspot.com/2011/06/quiet-book-week-put-on-armour-of-god.html  

And the Noah page inspiration (with animal patterns)  http://laurathoughts81.blogspot.com/2011/06/quiet-book-week-noahs-ark-template.html

The coat of many colors I just free-handed and then sewed the ribbons on. 

Jonah was a little tough...you have to get the fish the right size and then cut the zipper to fit, etc.  The fish is fabric (not felt) and has interfacing on the back of him to make him a little thicker.

The family pictures are scrapbook page covers cut into the right size and sewed onto the page.   They can add their own pictures as desired.














No comments:

Post a Comment