Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I do not like Green Eggs and Ham!

So, last week the kiddos celebrated all things Seuss.

My little one's teacher asked me to help come up with a Seussical snack that my kiddo could safely eat on our plan for the party that also had a Green Eggs and Ham theme

Here are the two final choices.  The first are sugar cookies with rolled buttercream icing.  It rolls out smooth and even, but I purposely "squished" it so that it looked more like egg whites on a fried egg.  The green is made from natural green food coloring (found here: Natural Decorating Colors)  By the way, if you want the recipes for these cookie and icing, comment below.  The cookies DO NOT SPREAD, so they are fabulous for Christmas cookies or anything that needs to keep its shape.
 These are pretzels with natural white chocolate and "yolks" natural colored.  These were awesome.  Not that I ate the leftovers! ;)

My favorite quote of the day came from a sweet little girl who was put off by the green coloring.  She said, "Mrs. E., sugar makes me hyper, so I don't want any of that.  Can I have a pack of Oreos?"  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment