Sunday, December 29, 2013

Good-bye, 2013!

Although I find it hard to believe that 2013 will end in just a few short days, I must confess that I am not all that sad to see it go!  What a year it has been for our household!  In the past 12 -15 months, we have had to replace several major appliances, we have had multiple car issues and repairs, and, just this week we found out we have to have a WHOLE NEW ROOF AND Mold removal and repair.  UGH!  Add that to grad school tuition and multiple unexpected medical expenses that keep piling up on top of our fragile one-income budget, and things are a little stretched around here!.   Here's to a better 2014!

All that being said, there are some things from 2013 that I wouldn't trade for all the prosperity in the world.  I am so thankful for my sweet family.  My kids, although very opinionated and stubborn, are such a blessing in my life!   I am thankful daily for the chance to be their mommy, even on days that I want to pull my hair out from the squabbling and questioning. :)  I keep reminding myself that the very stubbornness that tries my patience will one day make them good ambassadors for Christ.  Their refusal to back down from arguments with Mommy or Daddy will strengthen their ability to refuse to back down from challenges from those who would belittle their faith or beliefs later in life.  I am thankful for a messy house, a messier car, and sticky fingerprints on freshly painted walls because that means that we LIVE here, not just exist side by side.  I am thankful for 810 hew legos strewn about the living room because it means my kids are using their creativity to explore and build and think.  I am thankful for in-laws (on both sides) who help any time there is a need.  I am thankful for my husband of almost 13 years for his patience, his willingness and ability to provide for our family, and for his rock-solid faith and support when this crazy woman just can't take the stress anymore and I need a shoulder to catch my tears.   I am thankful for a church family that comes out in droves to support us when we ask for help for a difficult family situation.  I am thankful for my precious kindergarten Bible class.  So, in a way, here's to a 2014 that has big shoes to fill...size 2013!  :)

Happy New Year, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment