Monday, December 30, 2013

A Weight Watchers Christmas :)

This year, my parents blessed me with a few months of weight watchers membership, as well as lots of WW goodies and books to help me reach my goal! That may sound odd to some of you, but I have come to cherish my weekly meetings as a time when I can put my own needs in an important place and take care of myself so that I can serve the Lord longer and  be here for my husband and children. I am a firm believer that this program can work for anyone willing to make the effort.   15 months into the program I am still at "only" 30 lbs lost, but add that to the pounds I lost pre-kids, and I'm down a whopping 60+ from my highest weight! The first 30+ I have maintained for 9 years. I have another 12 to 14 lbs  to go to reach my goal, and I am determined that this will be the year to get those last stubborn pounds off!  I have learned so much about myself through this journey, and I look forward to the lessons that will come this year as well.  I have also learned a lot about patience!!

In addition to this, we are starting a new eating plan at home for my son's hyperactivity and some other medical issues both kids are facing.  My super-picky husband is even on board (as long as I don't make him eat veggies!), so I will be blogging about that more as we get it underway.  I am still waiting on some reading material to come in before we take the final plunge, but we have talked to the kids about it quite a bit.  When I told them WHY we were doing it (I approached it from a health AND behavior standpoint), my daughter incredulously commented that she had NO IDEA what we ate could change how we acted!   They both seem excited (although apprehensive) about the changes.  We already eat "mostly" healthy, but we are going to work to cut out any artificial colorings or additives and to add in a few nutrients or supplements we make be lacking.  I'd love to hear any input others have about eating for good behavior and optimal health! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment