Last week we studied Moses and the plagues of Egypt. Each student has their own pizza pan (from Walmart, less than $1). For the plagues, I printed and laminated a set of assorted pictures of the plagues for each kid and put magnets on the back. As I told the story of the plagues, they could add them to their pizza pans. After each plague, they held up their popsicle stick with "Let My People Go" on it, and we said it in a very deep sing-song voice. Then, I'd ask what they thought Pharaoh said, and they'd flip their popsicle sticks around and yell, "NO!" We went into varying amounts of detail on each plague, and they were grossed out by frogs in bread bowls and lice everywhere.
We also talked about the Passover some, but all they could think about was blood on the doorposts, and they were totally grossed out. I found it somewhat amusing! :)
We added to our Moses lapbook as well with a small flip book of the plagues, which they colored.
No comments:
Post a Comment