When my daughter was in kindergarten, we gave her a surprise "big girl" room remodel to redo the nursery layout. My son starts kindergarten in just a month (WHAT?!), so we wanted to do the same for him. Like his sister, he had minor input into the theme (sports), but had no idea exactly what it would look like or when it would take place.
For the past few weeks, we have been secretly ordering, making, and collecting things for his new room. Yesterday, he and his sister went to Nana's to spend the night and hang out with her for a while, thinking it was just a summer sleepover.
This is how his room started out (minus the changing table which hasn't been there in 4 years...hahaha. Can't believe I forgot to take a picture of his "big boy bed" with Mickey Comforter).
And here is the final result!! I am so excited about how it all turned out! I told him I may decide to move in there, too. :)
 |
| I was pretty proud of these! 12 X 12 canvas + mod podge + scrapbook paper and my mother-in-law's cricut! |
 |
| Hubby played tennis in college, so we had to include it! |
 |
| My friend found this canvas at Kohl's. It "made" the room! We love it! |
 |
| The baseball wall....SOOOOOOO pleased with how it turned out! Lots of tutorials online...I will try to find the original link I read and put it on here. The light switch and outlet are mod-podged, too. |
 |
| This is a wooden letter from Michael's with scrapbook paper mod-podged onto it. |
 |
| I am jealous of this fan! :) |
 |
| Even the hooks are mod-podged. |
 |
| One picture wasn't enough. LOVE THIS! |
 |
| Big boy comforter...bye bye Mickey Mouse! |
 |
| This one turned out most like what was in my head. :) |
 |
| 12 X 12 "graduation" frame with sports duct tape around the edges. Scrapbook stickers to spell out quotes, mod-podged over the top with a pic of my boy playing t-ball in the embedded frame. |
 |
| This was hard. I had to "hand-tie" the net because I couldn't find one small enough. THEN, I glued it to a pipe cleaner and put a ribbon around it to make it 3d. Had to re-do it more than once before it worked...but I love it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment