Thursday, September 13, 2012

WW - week 2

I was down another 4 lbs this week!  Woohoo!  That's 8 total in the first two weeks.  I was thrilled, because the 2nd week of any new venture can kick your tail if you aren't careful!  The "novelty" of the first week has worn off, and it's down to the nitty gritty of the plan.  They say to expect more weight loss the first two to three weeks, and then it will slow down.  I'd love to lose at least 10-15 before my mom gets to her goal and I'm solo in this!  :)

My first comment this week is about the meetings.  I thought I would feel so self conscious about going to these meetings.  Would I feel FAT?  Would I feel sloppy?  Would I be embarrassed?  The answer is a resounding NO!  I have never met these people before, but as soon as you walk in the door, they are welcoming you into their group.  I guess it's because we are all fighting the same battle of the bulge, but it's so encouraging to have complete strangers cheering you on when they hear "another 4 down." I guess because they understand!  We all need a pat on the back sometimes, and for some reason it means a little more coming from someone who has been there, done that.  I'm neither the largest nor the smallest in there, yet I feel a part of something bigger.  I'm sure that sounds cheesy.   I can see why this program works, and why people keep going back, even after they reach their goal weight. 

The 2nd week was much harder than the first.   Mentally I had to stay really focused, because we had some major stress going on.  But, I feel stronger having conquered that and done well!  This week I feel better prepared to face the challenges, as I found some low point snacks that should help hold me over a little better.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment