Side note: My husband and I have decided to use this as our "fun money." We are on a VERY tight budget, so date night funds are rare. These apps have allowed us to earn a little "free" money we can use for dates. As a matter of fact, when I cash out what I have saved up right now, it will pay for a weekend trip we are taking on FRIDAY.
EBATES
The first program I started using is Ebates. The premise is simple. You shop online, and you get rewarded with cash back for your purchases! The easiest way is to either shop through the app or to install the Ebates button on your toolbar so that it always alerts you to cash back! Once a quarter you get a "big fat check" from Ebates with the money you earned in the previous 3 months. Most major online retailers participate, and they periodically run "double cash back" promotions, or "app-only" promotions, etc. You can even get cash back on pictures ordered from Walgreens!! To date, I have earned over $75 from this site alone, just by doing shopping online that I would have done anyway!!
Try it out for yourself! Just click on my link first. :) Ebates referral link
IBOTTA
This app is free and SO EASY to use. You simply click on rebates available at the store where you shop, scan your receipt, and voila! You have instant rebates! It only takes a few seconds. A few stores (Food City is one) actually let you link your card to the app so that you don't even have to scan receipts. One of my favorite things about it is that you can also get rebates on generic things like produce. Several of their rebates are also "any brand" rebates, meaning that you can redeem them no matter which brand you prefer. This is great for those of us whose budgets necessitate store brand purchases. Most major retailers are on there. You can also link up with your friends to create a "team" and work together to earn extra bonuses. This app takes a little while for the savings to add up, but every little bit helps. They have a decent referral program as well. If you use someone's link, you both get bonus $. There is a minimum amount before you can "cash out" (I want to say $20 or $25?)
Try it out for yourself! My referral code is : xikbwdy
WALMART SAVINGS CATCHER
If you shop at Walmart, this one is a no-brainer. You simply download the app (or you can go online and enter your information), scan your receipt within 7 days, and Walmart price-matches anything you have purchased with other retailers around you. It's like their price matching at the register, but you don't have to hunt for deals! It is super easy, and I rarely submit a receipt that I don't get a few cents.
CHECKOUT 51
Either I haven't used this app enough, or my grocery habits aren't quite what it is designed for, but it does seem easy to use! They offer rebates on just a few items at a time, but they often have produce on there!
I am trying a few other apps to see how they are any good. If they are, I will post soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment