We covered about a planet a day after introducing basic space words like galaxy, planet, and star. For each planet we studied facts about it and wrote an acrostic poem with details. (For time and focus' sake, I wrote them down, but the kids composed them. Daddy accidentally deleted Earth and Neptune, so you'll have to come up with those on your own. :)
We read a LOT about the planets, and the kids wrote down any interesting facts on this little booklet from Amanda Post We also watched several YouTube videos with solar system songs, and the kids created paper solar system masks for each planet and "performed" a few of these songs for Daddy as their cumulative project. Those pictures are apparently missing, so I'll post them when/if I find them!
At the beginning of the unit, we made nebula with jars, cotton, glitter, food coloring, and water. We also made glow in the dark star jars for the kids to keep in their rooms at nights. Overall, I was amazed at how much they learned! A few days ago, my son's Sunday school class talked about creation and outer space, and my son apparently shared all of his many facts! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment