22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
The past two weeks my little one and I have been studying the fruit of the Spirit. We needed to work on some ways of treating one another, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity! We chose one "piece of fruit" each day and discussed different examples of it from Scripture. Then, we cut out colorful fruit shapes and wrote ways to show that particular trait in our lives. I wasn't sure this idea would "take," but he responded to it really well! Throughout the week I would hear him say, "Hmmm...my grapefruit of goodness says I need to be patient..." or "I don't think that showed love, which is a fruit of the Spirit." Yay for successful ideas!
The past two weeks my little one and I have been studying the fruit of the Spirit. We needed to work on some ways of treating one another, so this seemed like the perfect opportunity! We chose one "piece of fruit" each day and discussed different examples of it from Scripture. Then, we cut out colorful fruit shapes and wrote ways to show that particular trait in our lives. I wasn't sure this idea would "take," but he responded to it really well! Throughout the week I would hear him say, "Hmmm...my grapefruit of goodness says I need to be patient..." or "I don't think that showed love, which is a fruit of the Spirit." Yay for successful ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment