Friday, January 4, 2013

Ready, Set, GOAL!

It's that time of year again!  That time when the first part of the fresh, new calendar is opened, and the days are blank and full of expectation.  That time when we feel like we are free to start over and make a new "go" of it.   It's kind of like opening a new journal or a new notebook and having all that empty space with which to create something new.  I love fresh starts!

2012 was such a challenging year for my little family!  We had several (okay, MANY) unexpected, major expenses.  We've always been good about setting aside money for a rainy day, but a thunderstorm year was a little more of a challenge than we were prepared for, so it really tested our stamina!  We also had our share of medical issues...and school situations...etc. etc.   BUT, 2013 is all new, and we are ready to face whatever comes our way!

I'm doing something a little different with my resolutions this year.  I'm breaking them down into four categories:

Spiritual

Physical/Health

Family

Personal

For the spiritual goal, I am going to aim for some way to improve my spiritual life during the coming year.  For physical/health goal, I'm going to select an area in which to better my well-being.  The family goal will be some way I want my family to grow closer in the coming year.  Finally, my personal goal will be something I want to accomplish FOR MYSELF this year...learning a new skill, returning to a previous hobby, reading books, etc.  I haven't quite completed the goals yet, but I am working on it.  In connection to that, each month I want to set mini-goals in those categories to help me reach the end goal for the year.  I am hopeful that will help keep me motivated to accomplish these goals.  Anyone want to join me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment