I love quiet books for little ones! When my son was born, I made a simple one for him and for his friend, Molly. They took FOREVER, and I was sure I'd never make another one. However, I have always wanted to make a Bible-themed one, so when I found out a sweet couple at our congregation was expecting, I decided that was the perfect time to try it. I searched everywhere online and had an incredibly difficult time finding ideas and patterns for a Bible-themed quiet book. Apparently lots of people WANTED to make one but didn't know how. So, I combined various general tutorials on assembling quiet books with coloring pages, craft ideas, etc. and made my own. I think it turned out cute! Let me know what you think! :) It's not necessarily designed to be used DURING worship, although for some that might work. My kids talked too much to do anything like that in worship, so we started training them early on to pay attention and "take notes." This is more just to reinforce Bible stories being learned at home and to help with fine motor skills.
I'm happy to share instructions, patterns, etc., but it will take me a while to get them uploaded because I combined all sorts of ideas to make my own and don't have them all typed out or anything. If you have questions before I get that far, let me know!
 |
| The cover with Baby's initial. Mom didn't want anything "too girly." :) |
 |
| Front inside cover and page 1 (close ups follow) |
 |
| This pocket has a mirror in it. The page says "God Made Me Special." |
 |
| God Made Flowers |
 |
| The flower petals are attached with velcro. The child can put them in correct order. |
 |
| Hide God's word |
 |
| A laminated Bible is "hidden" in the heart, just like Scriptures should be in our hearts! |
 |
| Fill Noah's Ark |
 |
| The felt animals fit in the ark pocket. |
 |
| Armor of God |
 |
| They can put the pieces on the top velcro piece when the soldier is not wearing the armor. |
 |
| Weave Joseph's coat |
 |
| Jonah and the big fish |
 |
| Unzip to rescue Jonah from the fish belly! |
 |
| Cast your nets |
 |
| Match the fish to the correct color felt. |
 |
| A pocket for a small notebook and crayons. |
Love this! Did it require any sewing? I cannot sew LOL! I got a link to your blog by listening to an archived episode of Wifey Wednesday. I would love a tutorial on how to do this! I'm not sure how these comments work so If you could email me if/when you get the chance i would really appreciate it. My name is Syndal and I worship with the Central congregation in Monroeville, AL my email is snjmiller1@gmail.com
ReplyDelete