Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mouse House

Wow...I am way overdue for posts! Among other things (like this oh-so-fun respiratory mess everyone is passing around), I have been a little preoccupied lately with a rather large mouse problem in our house.  Thankfully, so far they have stayed downstairs, but they are starting to overtake our basement.  Yesterday, we finally broke down and called an exterminator, and he came to set out bait and to do whatever else those guys do.  Today we have a mouse party going on downstairs.  No joke.  They are running around EVERYWHERE.   It was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.  When a mouse ran around my shoe in the laundry room, I am not sure who was more freaked out...me, because I am sick of mice, the mouse because I started yelling, or my poor husband, who didn't see the mouse and just heard me yell and saw me run off crying.   Talk about a meltdown!  All the stress and frustration from this (and some other personal issues going on) were more than I could take.  But, I was reminded of the therapeutic benefits of a good, long cry!   I think my kids thought I'd lost my mind. 

Anyway, all that to explain my absence. 

I will work hard this week to do some catch-up on posts, as I have many things to share!  We just got back from a family-friendly trip to the DC area, Monticello, Mount Vernon, and Natural Bridge.  Our kids LOVED it.  I didn't expect them to get quite that into it, as they are still young, but they had a blast!!   I want to share our itinerary and tips for those places, in case others want to go. 

I also have some weight watchers updates to post.  I have now lost 10.5, in a little over 7 weeks.  It has been slow, but steady, and I have high hopes for great future results!

And, of course I can't forget to write about the Woolly Worm Festival that we attended in a nearby state today.  Cheesiest thing I have ever seen, but the kids loved it!   Thanks to Nana and Grandaddy for treating us to an unparalleled level of absurdity!  :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment