I found the idea for this project on pinterest, but I must confess that I don't remember where it was! I apparently didn't "pin" it. It yielded over an hour of contented fun for my 2 little ones, though, so I must share! If I find the original link, I promise to give credit where it's due!
First, mix 1/4 cup (give or take) of vinegar with a few drops of food coloring. Do this for as many colors as you want. For added impact, I bought the "neon" food coloring...fun times!
Spread a shallow layer of baking soda in a cookie sheet or casserole dish (WITH EDGES).
Using a straw or small spoon, drip drops of the colored vinegar in the baking soda and watch it fizz! Mine plugged up one end of the straw to "catch" the vinegar and then released it over the baking soda. "Paint" the baking soda however you wish!!
I intended to get a final picture of their "paintings," but I stepped out of the room to switch the laundry and came back to a gooey gray mess of all the vinegar poured in the pans and mixed together! Oops! Maybe next time!
**Note...if I'd had an eye dropper or bulb syringe, I think this would have been even more fun for the kiddos.
No comments:
Post a Comment