Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Miscellaneous

I normally won't post so frequently, but I'm trying to get "caught up" on things we've done over the past few months so that I can then just post as things come along. 

Deuteronomy 6: 6-9   "And these words which I commad you today shall be in your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.  you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."

Our fall lectureship series focused on the Armor of God.  In conjunction with that, we studied the pieces of armor at home.  I found various printables of the armor and we constructed our own "soldiers of Christ."  They are posted in our kitchen as a way to keep God's word "ever before us."


Another way to write them "on the doorposts" is to post verses around the house.  Here are a few we printed on removable sticker paper and put on the walls in our kids' rooms.  A friend suggested this, and we love it! 

Below is a picture of our kitchen wall.  My 3 year old's creative Wednesday night teachers made a page for each day of creation and decorated it.  The pages are now posted on the wall beside our kitchen table to aid us in reviewing the days of creation any time we sit down to eat.  Keeping things in such obvious locations around the house makes it easy to fit discussion of Bible things into our daily conversations effortlessly.


This is our most recent project.  We discussed worship and obedience this week and talked about the avenues of worship God has authorized us to participate in within the assembly.  We made a "mobile" with each of the 5 avenues of worship on its own shape.  I was proud of my kids for choosing a heart for sing because "you should sing with your heart to God!"  :)  The letters look interesting because my daughter has just learned to write "fancy" letters with dots on the ends of the letters.


No comments:

Post a Comment